Call Now: 206-467-2607
We are experienced criminal defense attorneys and fight for people accused of crimes in Washington state. Between us, we have over 30 years of experience in helping people facing criminal charges.
This web site is designed to give you information about the crime(s) you are facing, the expected court procedures, and the potential penalties and risks you are facing. However, this is only a beginning.
We Help People Facing all Criminal Charges
Burg Criminal Defense is experienced in defending almost any criminal charge. As you navigate through this web site, you will notice that we have listed many Washington state criminal offenses. We have helped people with all types of charges. No matter what charges you may be facing, we are happy to meet with you to discuss your case and options. After talking with you, if we feel there is someone who would be better able to help, we can help you connect with the best lawyer for you and your case.
Experience that Matters
We are experienced in helping people accused of everything from shoplifting to murder. We find that we are regularly in court with our clients on cases involving DUI, physical control, domestic violence, assault, theft, reckless driving, minor in possession, drug charges (VUCSA), and everything in between.
Driving While Under the Influence Charges
Washington state DUIs are one of the most common offenses charged here. There are approximately 40,000 people per year accused of Washington state DUI or DWI. Consequently, we have a lot of experience with DUIs in Washington state - having helped hundreds of people with these cases. We have earned an excellent reputation in this field.
DUIs are one of the hardest cases to defend, many attorneys have told us that they are harder than even murder cases. The law is difficult, the science is complicated and there is a lot of public sentiment against people accused of DUIs. As attorneys, we have worked very hard to become highly skilled at representing people accused of Washington DUIs.
Visit our Web Sites focused on Specific Charges
For some of the most common charges we have created separate web sites. We thought that providing such detailed information for each type of charge would help people facing those charges:
We will not try to "hard sell" you.
Finally, we will not try to “hard sell” you to hire us. We know choosing an attorney is a big decision and one you must make carefully – not under pressure. Because an effective attorney-client relationship requires a lot of communication and trust, we really only want to represent people who feel comfortable with us and have complete confidence in our abilities. If you don't, then you have the right to an attorney that you do feel would be a better fit.
Thank you for taking the time to look through this web site. Please contact us if you would like to meet and further discuss how we may assist you.
Our Background and Accomplishments:
We all feel fortunate that other people have recognized us for being good at what we do. Here is some information about our backgrounds and accomplishments:
* I have had great success in helping people accused of crimes.
* My rate of having people found not guilty at trial is higher than the state average.
* In addition, I pride myself (and gauge how well I am doing) by the number of thank you notes I receive from my clients.
* I feel proud in saying that I regularly receive these. I have repeatedly been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by my peers in Washington Law and Politics Magazine.
* I am actively involved as a legislative liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In this role I have written, lobbied for and passed three laws that help people accused of crimes in Washington State. In 2001 I graduated from Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College - an intensive training program where we learned trial skills from some of the best litigators in the country.
* I devote my practice to defending clients accused of crimes.
* I am very proud of my reputation as a thoughtful and articulate advocate I have earned while defending people accused of crimes in Washington.
* I am a member of numerous criminal defense and trial organizations and stay active in groups working to protect the rights of those accused of crimes.
* I am an active in the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and am currently working with their legislative committee to protect the rights of people accused of crimes in Washington State.
* I also periodically teach continuing legal education classes to other lawyers and publish articles on various criminal defense topics.
* In 2002, I attended Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College and have been named a "Super Lawyer" by Washington Law and Politics Magazine.
As our paralegal, Nandi helps us stay organized and on time. She is the person who greets you on the phone and helps with many of the details of your case. While we try and speak to you in person when you call, if we are in court, Nandi is the one who will make sure your questions are answered.
Nandi graduated in 2012 from Emory University with a degree in English.